What Is Integrative Medicine?
According to Dr. Andrew Weil MD, a well known Guru of the Integrative Medicine Movement includes eight distinctive principles:
• A partnership between patient and practitioner in the healing process
• Appropriate use of conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the
body’s innate healing response
• Consideration of all factors that influence health, wellness and disease,
including mind, spirit and community as well as body
• A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative
• Recognition that good medicine should be based in good science, be inquiry
driven, and be open to new paradigms
• Use of natural, effective, less-invasive interventions whenever possible
• Use of the broader concepts of promotion of health and the prevention
of illness as well as the treatment of disease
• Training of practitioners to be models of health and healing, committed
to the process of self-exploration and self-development.
At Transformative Health And Wellness it is our mission to work with our patients utilizing each and every principle of Acupuncture Chinese Medicine to ensure quality care for our patients.